This casserole is chock full of chicken, cheese, green chilies, salsa and tortillas. Mmm! No
wonder this is grandma's favorite! And this one is so quick and easy!
Cooking Time: 1 hr
• 12 cups chicken, cooked and diced
• 12 cups Monterey Jack, shredded
• 6 cups chopped green chilies, canned
• 1 quart sour cream
• 4 cans cream of chicken soup
• 3 cups salsa
• 48 corn tortillas
• 7 cups grated cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix chicken, jack cheese, chilles, sour cream, soup, and salsa.
2. In a 5 quart round container layer the tortillas with the mixture. Use 1 tortilla, then 1 generous
cup of mixture, then tortilla; and press down. Repeat till the mixture is gone, ending with
3. Divide the cheddar into 7 portions, put into baggies, and place one on top of each casserole.
4. At serving time, pop the casserole out of the container, place in an oven-proof casserole dish,
top with the grated cheddar, and bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes, till hot and bubbly throughout.
Or, you may place in a slow cooker.
This recipe makes enough for 7 casseroles.