Deviled eggs are always a party favorite, so why not switch things up and try this Mexican variation? This tasty finger-food is stuffed with mayo, seasonings and hot peppers. Try these as an appetizer at your next fiesta.
• 12 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced & seeded
• 1 habanaro pepper, sliced & seeded
• Ground red pepper
• Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cut the eggs lengthwise into halves. Slip out the yolks and mash with a fork.
2. Mix the mashed yolks with the mayonnaise, cumin, capers, mustard, salt and the jalapeno pepper.
3. Fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture, heaping lightly. Sprinkle with ground red chillies and garnish with the cilantro and a slice of the habanero pepper.